The pH of water should be between 7 and 8.5 to be compliant with the current NZ Drinking Water Standards.
Low pH in water makes it acidic, corrosive and aggressive - causing damage to metal pipes and copper fittings, hot water cylinders etc.
This can cause slow leaks and water damage within the walls before the problem is found. The ingestion of heavy metals is an obvious health concern.
- Blue / green staining on bathroom fittings and shower enclosures, white or light laundry.
- Blue / green hair on blondes.
- Low pH, soft acidic water.
- Heavy metal ingestion from copper and zinc leaching from pipework (metallic taste).
- Expensive water pipe replacement due to corrosion of copper pipes and fittings.
- Expensive water damage from slow leaking copper pipework within walls etc.
- Expensive, too frequent cylinder element replacement.
- Inexpensive unit installed before the water enters the building, to raise and neutralise the low pH.
- Best "insurance policy" to prevent future major expensive replacement.
- Wide range of media tank sizes and control valves available.
- Upflow or down flow available — we can recommend the best option for your application and size required.
- "We are very happy with our new water system. Wonderful to have water we can rely on. Thank you for your excellent service." E & A, Harewood, Christchurch
- "Thanks for your help with the water treatment system. It worked really well, and made a difference to our health." AF, Christchurch
- "Many thanks Sue
No more blue-green hair what a relief! The pipes will last longer now too I guess, but that is secondary to the way I was feeling having such strange coloured hair. We are both delighted - it's wonderful." B.C. Ashburton
- "Extremely satisfied with the kindness, speed and professional attitude with which you responded to my call and came out immediately. Very informative and pleasant interaction. Committed to absolute service."DS, Christchurch
- "I don't think I'm imagining this but our water definitely tastes better and is really a pleasure to drink." JT, Rangiora
- "You asked us to let you know about your quality of service and to date we have been unable to fault it. The plumber you arranged to install the water filtration was more than helpful and very clear when giving us information about ongoing use of the system. Overall a flawless service! " K&J, Amberley
- "Knowing we had to improve our water quality we got in touch with you and you recommended us the best treatment programme for our situation. You explained the process easily and were upfront with the costs involved. You were very professional and had much knowledge of your product making the whole process straight forward and hassle free. Thank you very much it has truly made a wonderful improvement to our water quality." N&S Kaiapoi