Iron & Manganese, Hydrogen Sulphide & Arsenic
Sue Kelly offers water treatment solutions for the unique water conditions found here in New Zealand.
The benefits of installing water treatment to reduce Iron and Manganese in well water will be greatly appreciated by all. Seeing toilets, baths and showers discoloured and stained rusty brown / black is demoralising for anyone - especially in a new home.
Light or white coloured laundry with the rusty brown "tie-dyed" effect in not usually welcomed.
Rusty water and rusty staining can be dramatically reduced with the right water treatment for Iron in water.
Different levels of Iron and Manganese in ground water can be treated differently depending on the combinations of other parameters present like Hydrogen Sulphide and / or Arsenic
- "Browned off" with cleaning problems?
- Rusty red or brown staining on bathroom fittings, laundry, kettle, toilet bowl etc.
- Metallic taste.
- Dissolved iron settles overnight from clear water.
- Black "sooty" deposit on bathroom fittings, kettle, toilet bowl, grey laundry.
- Black sludge in pipes.
- Low or no maintenance iron and manganese removal water treatments for all water entering the home.
- Automatic backwashing and regeneration or manual control valves.
- Iron and manganese treatment can be placed In-line or prior to a storage tank - depending on levels of Iron and manganese in the well water.
- Dramatically reduce Hydrogen Sulphide "rotten eggs" smell.
- Reduce arsenic.
Dramatic reduction in high levels of Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen Sulphide.
We have an extensive range of water treatment & water filter options to combat New Zealand Iron and Manganese problems.
Taking a water sample for analysis will show the levels of Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulphide and Arsenic present in the well water which will determine which treatment will be the most effective and economical. We can help with taking water samples and providing a written report on the levels present in the water, along with our recommendations for the best treatment option(s), for your consideration.
When the amount of Iron or Manganese exceeds what an in-line pleated cartridge can effectively remove, a media tank fitted with a control valve to reduce the levels is the answer.
Dissolved Iron and Manganese is oxidised to speed precipitation, which is then filtered out, so only clean water enters the home. Treatment can be either in-line or into storage tanks.
We arrange delivery and installation by fully trained and well experienced Registered Plumbers, familiar with all systems.
You can relax knowing that a Registered Plumber with many years practical experience will install the best water treatment - he has had the most comprehensive training and has our complete confidence.
- "Hi Sue,
Just like to say Thank You! Our water is now crystal clear and tastes of absolutely nothing, which I how water should taste! We have told a number of people about your excellent service, and will continue to do so. If you wish to use us for a reference you are more than welcome indeed. Regards," K & Z, Kaiapoi
- "Would just like to advise you our water is so much better, no brown stains in the bottom of the jug any more and its nice to see the washing nice and white with no orange colour in it. So thanks again. Kind Regards" JH, Christchurch
- "Hello Sue, All the equipment arrived and I managed to install it with no problems. The water is "perfect". My "white" singlet (that was partially/mostly brown) has returned to white, the shower is white again (after a lot of scrubbing to get the rust colour off) and has not browned at all since, and the metallic taste/smell has gone completely. Even the bath is back in use. The water even "feels" nicer to the touch. I"m now definitely convinced that a bore with a good filter system is a much better option in this area. Thanks for your help and service. Regards"TW, Ohakune
- "Thank you for giving us beautifully clear water! Our water has always contained a high level of iron that caused cloudiness, a distinct metal taste and smell in the water. As well as staining all the bathroom and laundry fittings a horrid brown / black colour, many items of clothing, furnishings and parts of the outside stone cladding to the house are stained for life. Now the water is crystal clear, no taste, no smell, the WC pan has been scrubbed and the iron stain has gone. And the gin and tonics are better than ever! Thank you, Sue for changing our water supply so radically - we appreciate it." P & P, Hanmer
- "Thank you so much for your help and advice. Your customer service is perfection plus! Many thanks again for your time and help."AG, Blenheim
- "I would like to sincerely thank you personally, and your company, for the thorough and efficient service I experienced in getting our water quality problems solved. We had been persevering with another company and were absolutely appalled with the lack of communication and their seemingly inability to solve our water problems when we decided to try "Sue Kelly Water Systems”. It is great to realise that there are at least still some businesses that supply the good service that we expect as customers. Thank you."B.Y Christchurch
- "Knowing we had to improve our water quality we got in touch with you and you recommended us the best treatment programme for our situation. You explained the process easily and were upfront with the costs involved. You were very professional and had much knowledge of your product making the whole process straight forward and hassle free. Thank you very much it has truly made a wonderful improvement to our water quality."N&S Kaiapoi